The Association will lay a wreath at a number of sites of our fallen Old Boys.
DAY ONE 8th June
- 8.15 Depart Purley Station.
- Visit sites of the Somme Battlefields where our Old Boys fought and died.
- 18.00 Check in at our Hotel Mercure Arras, Centre Gare, 59 Boulevard Carnot 62000, ARRAS
- Evening free for dinner and a few beers.
DAY TWO 9th June
- AM guided walk of the 1st July 1916 Battlefield at Serre.
- Lunch in Albert - Visit to the Iconic Cathedral and fascinating exhibition.
- PM Guided walks of the woods of Mametz, Delville and High Wood.
DAY THREE 10th June
- Tour of the tunnels underneath Arras
- Mass at the Arras city church (optional)
- 15.30 Return journey to Calais
- 18.20 Crossing Eurotunnel (local time)
- 19.30 Arrive back at Purley Station.
The cost of the trip is £219pp and £249 for single occupants.
Payments direct to COXA: Sort Code 40-01-07 : Account No. 90232459
Please email Mick McLoughlin confirming your booking ASAP.
In preparation for our forthcoming trip to the Somme in June this year, Aidan Coletta has put together a marvellous informative booklet which I highly recommend you read.
In memory of the forty-three
Clapham Old Xarerians
who gave their lives on
Download 'The Somme and COXA' below
Updated 11:19 - 26 Mar 2018 by Frank Barretta